Sketch workshop @ Iowa State

The sketch workshop at Iowa State went well.  I know it was a great learning experience for myself and hopefully the students. 
I started with a presentation of my work, experiences, and how I sketch.  That lead into the workshop portion.  It was focused on the basics: pen/pencil, paper, perspective and shading.  The fundamentals that everyone should start with.  Then everyone starting sketching, we pinned up and critiqued each other.  Good times.
I have to admit that I have even more respect for teachers after this experience.  It's one thing to be able to draw but to draw and vocalize the nuances of what has become second nature was difficult but we got through it.  I'm looking forward to more events like this.  However everything I would say can be summed up in one word "practice".